Monday, November 18, 2013

First Blog Post!!!...(Original, huh?)

Well, here it is...my first blog post.  There are so many things in my head right now that I want to write about, but I think it would be best to first tell people about myself...a little bit, anyway.  I don't know how to put this on the "about me" thing, so you are getting it in my first post.

Hmmm...where to start...well, I was born.  (hahahaha....sorry, I am just excited to have a blog.)  Seriously...I am a newlywed....yep, at 44 I am a newlywed. We just got married on Nov. 1, 2013!   I love it!  Together, my HUSBAND Rod and I have 6 kids...three girls and three boys...we are the Knouse Knot instead of the "Brady Bunch".  I have always wanted to have 7 kids (actually I wanted them all to be boys, but I love my girls and wouldn't have it any other way now), but I only had three physically myself, and Rod had three, and I have a son-in-law! So at the moment, I have my 7 kids!  And we live on a farm...a CHICKEN farm!There is a ton more stuff about me, but I hate writing that kind of stuff, so you will just have to learn about me as you read my blog posts.

A bit of back round for you that may be important later.  I grew up in a very small town...but it was a town...I DID NOT grow up on a farm! And I have lived in a town with my kids.  I am a town girl as a new neighbor has told me. :) So, this is a very new experience for me!

Since the time that I was a little girl and I went with my dad back to "the farm" to get our milk, I have wanted to live on a farm.  I loved the entire idea...an old beautiful farmhouse, a big barn (and in my mind it would be filled with animals), a big yard, a garden, and my husband and I would be hardworking and have our seven boys running around..some in bare feet, but all in jeans that were dirty from all the playing in the farm yard.  That was my dream.

However, that didn't come true until this month.  No, I don't have a garden (yet), and I do have girls, and 4 of our six kids are college age or older, so really only one who runs around (the other one is a junior in high school and a girl so she doesn't run around the farm yard too much anymore either), and although we do have a barn, it is not filled with animals (again...yet! hehehe).  But...we do have a beautiful farm house, we do have a barn, and my husband is very hardworking...besides raising chickens, he has a full-time job working at a local tinware place.  (Being new to blogging, I don't know the rules on what businesses I can mention and all that...so for now...its a local tinware place).  We do however have what I never dreamed of having...two chicken houses!! With thousands of chickens!

Now...this is why I am starting my blog....a small town girl is at age 44 going to learn to be a chicken farmer's wife...and I am beyond excited! For everything! Except snakes...not looking forward to those.  I am looking forward to helping in the chicken houses, to knowing stuff about them..like controlling the temperatures, to learning to DRIVE A TRACTOR!!, and who knows what else this job of farmer's wife entails.  This could be fun. So come along and learn with me! :) or more than likely...laugh at (and/or with) me!

6 comments:

  1. Great start on your blog, Andrea! I look forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! you should learn to drive a skid loader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Trish...that would be fun too! I would want to try that!

      Delete
  3. You are doing great - thanks for sharing your fun life with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my mom that this was like an on-line diary that I am letting others read!

      Delete