Friday, November 22, 2013

Keeping Clean!!

Good morning!  I haven't had much to do in the chicken houses the past couple of days....Rod takes care of it while I still have the kids here that I babysit.  But guess what...I will be back in the chicken houses this weekend...so who knows what's in store for that!

Now....Keeping Clean! Awhile back, I was talking to a friend of mine...who has a farm of her own. We were talking about going on a (short) trip and sleeping in Wal-mart parking lots. (This is something on my bucket list, by the way.)  She asked about showers, and I just said we could stop at a truck stop or camp ground and get a shower (but not to sleep at the camp ground), or we could just wash at the Wal-mart.  She didn't like the second idea much at all.  I thought it was funny because what was the big deal...we wouldn't have done much to get too dirty during the day except drive, so for one night we it wouldn't be too bad just to wash.  But her mom said, it is just something in farming people...they shower often because of the farm dirt.  I nodded my head..trying to understand.  I could imagine, but truly, I didn't have that experience of getting that dirty that many times in a day.  But I just left it at that.

Now, fast forward to this month.  I UNDERSTAND!!!  On Sunday, I got up and showered for church as usual.  Then when we went out to walk through the peeps...well, lets just say, I smelled afterwards!  And that was from only walking through peeps...not even the big chickens.  So guess what...I got a second shower for the day and it wasn't even 3 o'clock yet! And a better example yet...I have seen (and smelled) my husband before and after he has checked the chickens...and he does a lot more out there with the feed stuff and all the equipment....and I am VERY thankful he takes a shower afterwards...I don't care how many times a day.  I love to hug him...even when he smells like chicken house, but it sure is nicer after he has showered and put on clean clothes!  I think I must have the cleanest husband around! :)

But that brings up my second point of keeping clean...LAUNDRY!  Before, we had enough laundry at my house that I COULD do it everyday.  But if i left it go a day (or two) it didn't really matter.  No problem, I just had more to do in a day, and I could just close the laundry room door and no one else had to see it. However, here...I do not let it go.  There would be quite the odor if I let his chicken clothes (and now mine mixed in too when I get to help) go for three days! We also have more towels and wash cloths being used to add to the amount of the laundry.  And to multiply problem....the washer and dryer here are in the closed-in porch where everybody comes into the house.  Imagine if you came here and smelled that before you came into my house every time...I am sure you would probably start using the front door! So...needless to say, I am doing laundry EVERYDAY!  What a chicken farmer's wife I am becoming!!  hahahahaha

So...until next time...keep it clean and eat more chicken!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should have 2 washers to help get the laundry done faster.....enjoy your country life!

    ReplyDelete