Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my blogger friends!  That is something I can be thankful for...now I have a blog so I also get blogger friends! :)  (Even though most of you are already my friends..hahaha)

So, here it is my first Thanksgiving as a farmer's wife. I have almost been married a month!!  I am absolutely loving it!  I even VOLUNTEERED to help walk through the chickens last night! Ok, so I had some ulterior motives...(if I helped him do that, he would have more time inside sorting through things in his old bedroom so that Lauren and Stephen would soon have their own rooms here...which is what we are working towards!)....but still, I did volunteer to go pick up dead, stinky and sometimes squashed chickens!  And do you know what....I did enjoy it, because I knew we were doing it together!  I love working together here..on the farm!!

So...another thing you must know that I am thankful for this morning....the Knouse House Mouse has been caught!!!  And guess what else...my wonderful new husband took him outside for me...another thing to be thankful for!!

This morning I got up to stuff the turkey and get it into the roaster...I had my alarm set for 4AM...what an awful time of day! And Rod had to get up to turn the water off at the chicken house because he will be vaccinating the chickens.  It was nice to have someone down here with me that early in the morning.  It seemed funny, but good all at the same time.  God has blessed me greatly with Rod!!!

So, be thankful today...for everything.  I have a hanging (that will eventually go back up on a wall, but because I got MARRIED, it is in a box at the moment) that says "there is always, always, always something to be thankful for"..and that is so true.  Some years as I was going through my divorce, it was harder to try to be thankful, but when I saw that sign, it was like a 2x4 hitting me along side the head.  I had a lot to be thankful for then, and  I needed to remember that.  But today, it is quite easy to be thankful...and I am so, so very thankful for my new husband...our kids...and even those stinky chickens!  And so much more!  God has gotten us through so much and brought us to where we are today...HE IS SO GOOD..then, now and forever!

In closing....HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone out there in blog land..and today I will say..eat more turkey, but tomorrow eat more chicken!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you - your blog, your family, your thankful attitude and your friendship are among the many things I am thankful for today.......enjoy this special day!

    ReplyDelete