Monday, December 16, 2013

What to Do???

Morning, everyone!  I can't say its a good morning...at least not all of it.  We have a continuation of the Knouse House Mouse story.  So, we hadn't caught any mice since the first mouse was caught.  I was quite happy to be very honest, but deep...Deep....DEEP down I know usually there is more than one mouse.  Well, today that notion came to life again...almost literally!

I was putting pine cones around to add a little touch to the Christmas decorating, went into what I call the TV room and happened to look on the floor.  Low and behold there I saw the mouse trap! With a mouse in it!!!!  The trap had been way back under the couch so the kids couldn't reach it and get their hands snapped in it.  How did it get out to almost the middle of the floor???  When what to my wondering eyes did appear...a movement from that little mouse!!!!!  IT WAS STILL ALIVE!!!! Now what do I do?!?!!?  Do I pick up the trap and take it out? But what then?  Or do I kick it back under the couch and wait for Rod to take care of it?? But what if it crawls back out?  OH, what to do!?!

What did I do?  I oh so carefully picked up the trap...by the little wire thing that holds the trap set, but was now loose because the mouse set the trap off.  I took it outside and threw it into the snow.  I was done.  YEA!!!!

Nope.....I went back in, thinking surely the mouse would quickly die...especially in the snow after I had thrown it out.  Or the dog would find it.  Nope.  Neither happened.  I looked out the window...there it was...still wiggling.  Now what?  My heart couldn't take it.  I had to do something ...again.

Ok....I know some of you are animal lovers who could never kill anything...and usually I would be right there with you.  But, if I let it go, it would come back in and I would have this predicament all over again.  And besides...its head would now be somewhat smooshed...how could it live like that?  So, I decided I must do the humane thing and kill it myself.  With what?  Ok...to make a long story shorter...and because I really didn't like this part....I found a bat..and with one quick blow to the head...lets just say, the mouse is out of agony.  I am sorry all you animals, I murdered a poor little mouse.  

Oh the woes of this Chicken Farmer's wife.  I came back into my house with my head hung down....and decided...I would write this blog!

So, until next time...keep the mice away from my house....and eat more chicken!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment