Monday, December 30, 2013

KaWoosh!

So, tonight we were flushing water lines...getting ready for peeps again tomorrow.  This task is an easy one for me.  In fact, this was the ONLY thing Rod ever let me do before we were married, and that was only one time.  What my job is...so everyone knows...I stand at the one end of the chicken floor, standing by the water lines.  When Rod says "ok..1" I open the water line...which is just turning a little lever thing.   When he says to close it, I do.  Hard, huh?  Ok...very easy, but still an important part.  Otherwise he would have to keep walking from one end to the other end over and over...there are 4 waterlines on each floor.  It doesn't take long with two people, and I rather enjoy the easy, no thinking job.

I was just thinking tonight as we were doing this, that I would blog about it, but it seemed like such a boring entry.  I mean really....."I turned on the water lines, and then I turned them off."  real exciting.

 I guess God heard my thoughts. :) (as He always does..so be careful what you think about!)  Anyway, as we were starting the second round of this, Rod as usual said to turn on 1 and 2.  So I did.  I turned on 1, and turned to turn on 2.  Then.....KAWOOSH!!  I looked back and saw a gusher of water coming out of line 1...and Rod was at the clear other end.  I was smart enough, though, to know this was not good...hehehe  Quickly I went back over to the line and turned it off...thinking that would be it...nope.  It wasn't gushing anymore, but water was still coming out.  Meanwhile, Rod is saying, "turn on number 2"  I realized he didn't know it was gushing.  So I yelled, "Number 1 exploded!"....for sure he would come running.  Nope.  He just said, "is there a lot coming out?".....ummmm.....YES!!!  He told me where to turn the water off, and I did...and long story short....IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!  I was really glad to hear that! He forgot to open that line at the other end. Whew...I was totally off the hook.....wet, but off the hook!  He fixed it all back up...because he is smart like that...and we finished flushing the lines.  That was excitement enough for me...and I was thankful that I wore my beautiful hounds-tooth boots that everyone makes fun of...they kept my feet dry! :)

Lesson learned....never think any job is just boring...you never know when there is going to be a gusher of excitement. Until next time....eat more chicken!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how each of your blog posts make me laugh (most days I really need that) - I love you and your special sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete